Microsoft Windows Support
Transparensee does not provide support for Windows servers because our development effort goes into supporting the major Linux versions available. That being said, Transparensee attempts to write portable Java and as such, the engine will run under Microsoft Windows for developers wishing to test their applications locally on their workstations.
What to Expect
- The engine must be run from the command line. There is no support for demonizing the engine.
- Any settings, including available memory, specified in
discovery.propertieswill be ignored. These settings need to be translated into arguments for the JAVA command line and placed into an edited version of the provided
Customers are expected to install the engine into the
recommended folder hierarchy that creates an
engines folder as described
Recommended Installation Directory Hierarchy
bin folder of the releases directory includes a
server.bat file that must be edited to work
with your local configuration
- Rename the file to
- Adapt the batch file to use the correct locations of the
- Add any JVM arguments that you wish to apply to the engine
- Save the changes.
To Start the Engine
- Open a Command Prompt window.
- Change your current working directory to the correct engines folder.
- The Command Prompt will not return while the engine is running
To Stop the Engine
- From the Command Prompt window, press CTRL+C
Change Working Directory to the engine folder:
discovery.batin your engines
C:\> copy c:/discovery/releases/discovery-3.6.1/lib/server.bat discovery.bat
discovery.batto use the correct releases folders. The example below allocates 500 MB heap memory and sets some additional 64-bit JVM Options.
@echo off REM Very simple example that shows how to run the engine under REM Windows for development purposes. echo. echo Starting Discovery Search Engine, see log directory for more information. echo. if not exist log mkdir log java -showversion -Djava.util.logging.config.file=c:\discovery\releases\discovery-3.6.1\logging.properties -jar c:\discovery\releases\discovery-3.6.1\lib\discovery.jar -Xmx500M -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+DoEscapeAnalysis -XX:+UseCompressedStrings -XX:+UseStringCache
To start the engine: